Vegan Pesto Pasta
I love food that is delicious, easy to make, and versatile.
This Vegan Pesto Pasta can be served hot or cold and it’s absolutely delicious. In this dish, I use the trader joe’s brand of vegan pesto (found in the plant-based item cold section, near the tofu) combined with some vegan “cheesy” goodness. I am partial to the Follow Your Heart Parmesan Cheese and of course, the trusted Red Starr Nutritional Yeast which gives it an extra “nutritional- kick”.
As a busy mom with not much time to cook healthy meals 3 sometimes 4 times a day, I like to cook dishes in bulk to ensure that I enjoy it 2-3 more times. For me, this type of versatile dish can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner, the red pepper flakes are optional but I always overdo it because I like it spicy.
You can serve this up with some warm toasted garlic bread and a nice glass of white wine if you’re feeling fancy. This is a very quick and easy dish to make, and even more, fun to eat
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pasta of your choice
- ¼ cup of Red Onions, chopped
- ¼ cup of Mini Sweet Peppers, chopped
- 1 tomato chopped (can also use whole cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup of Chopped Kale
- ½ cup of Trader Joe’s Vegan Pesto
- ¼ cup of Follow Your Heart Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Parsley
- Coarse Kosher Salt, season to taste
- Red Pepper Flakes, season to taste
- Cook your pasta according to box directions
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add in all chopped vegetables and saute’ until onions are translucent
- Add in cooked pasta and vegan pesto, cook for about 3-5 minutes covered
- Add in vegan cheese and nutritional yeast, stir all ingredients together
- Season with salt, red pepper flakes, and parsley to taste.