As my son leaves for school each morning I constantly think about what the world wants him to know about himself. I think about what society thrusts into his view in images, books and even in the classroom. Mindfulness is a personal belief that positive thinking will help to shape your world view and your view of yourself. Positive affirmations for kids are just as important as positive affirmations for women.
When I think of my daughter and what the world wants her to feel about herself I get nervous but as a parent, it’s my job to teach her to have a love for herself and for others. As important as it is to encourage our kids to be the best of themselves and to try their best I want their underlying voice to speak positivity to them as well.
I believe that my children will feel empowered with positive thoughts about themselves, making it harder for them to be affected by any of the negative anyone will throw at them. Affirmations for kids can be used as a tool daily or as often as possible.
30 Positive Affirmations for Kids
- I am smart
- I am confident
- I am strong
- I am allowed to feel what I do
- I have a positive attitude
- I am beautiful inside and out
- I am helpful to others
- I love life
- I am allowed personal space
- I can do hard things
- I am in charge of my life
- I have people around me, who love and respect me
- I can do anything that I put my mind to
- I am a strong black king
- I am a strong black queen
- Every day is a fresh start
- I matter
- I am a good friend
- I am safe
- I love my body and it belongs to me
- I can calm myself with my breath when I need to
- My parents are proud of me
- I deserve respect from all of those around me
- I take care of friends
- My opinions matter
- I speak up for what is right
- I believe in the person I dream of becoming
- I will work my hardest to be the best version of me
- All of my problems have solutions
- Today I am a leader
Related: 6 Tips for Raising Confident Boys
3 Ways to Use Positive Affirmations for Kids
- Read them in the mirror during morning routines
- Practice speaking them before bed
- Write them down in a journal
Affirmations for Kids – What they do?
- Change the way you think about yourself
- Helps you focus on goals
- Positive thoughts help you to feel in a positive space
Printable Version of Positive Affirmations for Kids
What are some of your favorite positive affirmations for kids? Or do you practice these at all with your children?
Share them with me below in the comments or shoot me a chat over on Instagram. I would love to hear about your family traditions and ways that I can start to incorporate them into my one.